The St. Anthony Middle and High School Student Government Association, or more commonly referred to as SGA, is made up of students who are voted by their peers to represent their individual grade levels as well as the entire student body.
The High School SGA meets at least once every month, with committees meeting more frequently depending on upcoming events. This group plans student activities such as spirit rallies, homecoming events, special school-wide activities, or specific grade level events such as banquets and prom.
The High School SGA is made up of 3 main committees; In-School Activities, Out-of School Activities, and Community Outreach and Student Retention. Each committee focuses on a specific task throughout the year. These committees are also open to any student who wishes to volunteer to be an active participate in the committee and is not limited to just SGA officers.
The Middle School SGA also meets monthly as they plan events which are focused just grades 6 through 8. They plan lunch activities, themed spirit days, and other school-wide events, and represent the middle school student body.
The Middle School and the High School SGA meet at least once a month to plan events that involve both campuses such as Friday rallies or Homecoming events.
As the official representative of the student body, the SGA shall;
- Promote a greater degree of unity, respect, spirit, and cooperation among students, faculty, staff, and administration
- Offer and oversee activities for furthering the academic, social, and spiritual growth of the student body
- Provide a democratic and representative forum through which students may address school-related issues affecting the student body.
- To lead various projects and service work aimed for the betterment of the St. Anthony Junior-Senior High School and surrounding community.
- Foster an appreciation the democratic electoral process
The specific delegated responsibility of the SGA shall be to:
- Serve as the official representative of the student body to the faculty and administration
- Act as consultants to the faculty and administration concerning all matters of student life
- Promote school spirit and unity by sponsoring a variety of social events.
- Work in conjunction with the SGA Moderator, Principal, and Head of School concerning all matters of class budgets, events, and the establishment of an activities calendar for each academic year.
- Promote the school in a positive matter, specifically through community outreach/student recruitment
For more information about our Student Government program please contact our Student Government Moderator, Everett Yamashita at email@example.com