St. Anthony Preschool fosters all areas of child development: cognitive, language, social, emotional and physical. We develop activities and lessons that considers individual students’ interests, abilities and learning style. Our Preschool schedule includes frequent visits from artists, musicians, story-tellers, cultural practitioners, healthcare professionals and more. Our curriculum is designed to be hands on, fun and educational. St. Anthony Preschool is licensed for 48 children by the State of Hawai‘i Department of Human Services. A licensed and accredited by NAEYC (National Association for Education of Young Children) preschool ensures the school is able to provide services that meet the highest quality standards set by the early childhood education industry.
Preschool Education Goals:
- Cognition and General knowledge
- Mathematics and Numeracy (pre-math skills)
- Science (concept development through science and sensorial activities)
- Social studies
- Community and Culture
- Creative Arts and expression and Reflection (Visual , Musical and Movement)
- English and Language Arts and Literacy
- Exposure to Literature (books, storytelling and flannel stories)
- Development of verbal and auditory skills
- Physical Well-Being, Health and Motor Development:
- Motor Development (Gross and Fine Motor)
- Physical Development
- Health and Personal Care
- Social and Emotional Development
- Approaches to Learning
- Introduce the children to the Catholic faith through Bible stories, prayer, music and the message of loving and caring for others.
Curriculum is based on HELDS – the Hawai‘i Early Learning Developmental Standards.
For more information on daily program & summer programs, Preschool or to apply, please contact:
Carlene Santos, Preschool Director