St. Anthony Middle School Explorations in Journalism class with Ms. Rodriguez has been doing a great job since their launch of their Newsletter blog in August! This group of 6th to 8th grade students are constantly doing interviews, writing stories and posting photos! Check out their latest Christmas posts by clicking here!
With only 12 days until Christmas, we humbly ask that you include St. Anthony Junior-Senior High School as part of your gift giving.
It is a gift that will keep on giving … helping to unlock each child’s full potential, providing our youth with a strong foundation of Christian-Catholic values, and empowering our students to contribute to society in a meaningful way. Ultimately, it is a gift that has the power to come full circle.
To make an online donation, visit www.firstgiving.com/406008/St-Anthony-Maui.
Checks are also welcome.
Please make your check payable to “St. Anthony Junior-Senior High School” and mail to:
St. Anthony Junior-Senior High School, Development Office
1618 Lower Main Street, Wailuku, HI 96793
E: email@example.com • P: (808) 244-4190 ext. 268
In the spirit of this holiday season, please pay it forward by sharing this message
with 12 people you know. Mahalo!
November 29, 2016 is Giving Tuesday, pay it forward by making a donation to St. Anthony!
#GivingTuesday is an international day of giving that brings donors, alumni and supporters in communities around the world to celebrate generosity and the impact of giving back. In the spirit of giving, please consider making a donation to St. Anthony Junior-Senior High School.
Our school’s Giving Tuesday campaign officially kicks off November 29, 2016 – however, early donations are welcome. Our campaign concludes February 17, 2017.
For over 165 years, St. Anthony has been blessed thanks to the generosity from our `ohana and Maui community. It is a tradition of giving that has enabled our students to have an affordable education amidst a learning environment based on academic excellence and rich in respect, faith and diversity.
We humbly ask for your donation and your kokua in encouraging those you know to make a contribution by naming Maui’s only Catholic junior-senior high school as a gift recipient this holiday season. Your monetary gift will have a direct impact on the lives of students of St. Anthony. It is their future … and your legacy.
Click here to make a donation online, visit
Checks are also welcome. Please make your check payable to “St. Anthony Junior-Senior High School” and mail to:
St. Anthony Junior-Senior High School, Development Office
1618 Lower Main Street, Wailuku, HI 96793
Ph: (808) 244-4190 ext. 268
10:30 a.m. Sunday November 6
St. Anthony Junior-Senior High School FLEX Learning Center
Free and open to the public.
Make your reservations for St. Anthony Junior-High School’s annual 2016 Strength in Unity Benefit Gala. Set for Friday, November 11, 2016, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., at the Kamehameha Golf Clubhouse in Waikapu; this memorable event raises needed funds to help the young men and women of St. Anthony School achieve their full potential through financial assistance.
This year’s event will feature:
- Recognition of this year’s distinguished St. Anthony School alumni – whose exemplary lives and activities benefit our community and reflect honor upon our school
- Silent and Live Auctions
- Student Artwork
- A special performance by the St. Anthony Golden Royals Jazz Orchestra
- Misc by Nevah Too Late
- Door prizes and lots of surprises
For reservations, click here. Various sponsorships are available. Individuals seats start from $130 per person. Space is limited.
Auction items would be greatly appreciated. Click here to make a donation.
Mahalo nui loa from the ‘ohana at St. Anthony High School and St. Anthony Middle School!
We are truly blessed by the support at the 2016 Links to Education Golf Tournament at the Dunes at Maui Lani and at the 27th annual Ho’olaule’a on our school’s Sullivan Field. Both events held on June 25th were successful. We had a lot of fun while raising funds to support our athletic and financial aid programs.
It’s a New Generation at St. Anthony. It’s a New Day for Maui!
Aloha St. Anthony Ohana,
We are looking forward to our students’ return after summer and the launching of our new and much improved cafeteria service. Please read this post thoroughly. The primary change is that the lunch card our students are familiar with is now supported by an enhanced and convenient MealTime Online website-based program. MealTime Online represents our effort to support our students’ academic, social and athletic development by providing access to hot, nutritious lunches. We’re encouraging our staff, faculty and families to take advantage of our lunch service and to use this new method of paying and monitoring all cafeteria meals from the convenience of their home computer. In tertian, we anticipate improving efficiency and quality of the service we provide our St. Anthony families.
As you may recall from our May, 2016 letter, the cafeteria has been under the St. Anthony Church, and for many years, lunch fees have fallen short of covering costs. The church can no longer subsidize student meals. We had to evaluate our pricing structure and find way to become good stewards of our limited resources. through MealTime Online, families will be able to pre-pay for their child’s meals and see the menu for the upcoming month. To order a hard (paper) copy of the monthly mens can be turned in to you school office by the 15th of each month for the following month thus allowing better efficiency and minimal losses to our cafeteria.
Key components of this program include:
- All families are asked to pre-order all lunch items 2 weeks in advance of the start of the month. The month’s menu will be posted online by the 1st of the month (e.g. August 1 for September’s menu) and available in school offices. Families have until the 15th of each month to place their order (deadline August 15th to complete the order for the month of September). Keep track of what your child wants to order, and then go online to pay. Pre-ordering gives the cafeteria an idea of demand and ensures enough food is available daily.
- All meals must be paid for in advance – the cafeteria cannot extend credit as it is costly and inefficient. Families can make online deposits using a credit or debit card into your child’s cafeteria account at any time. you may also view your child’s purchase history via the internet. Families may opt into automatic email alerts when their child’s card only has $10 on it. We strongly recommend signing up for this option as we will no longer be able to serve lunch to students with insufficient funds in their account.
- Families will be issued a pin number to get started and then may go into the site to change the username and password. New cards will be issued for all students on August 1st and 2nd. The schools will distribute this number to all families. The MealTime Online site will be available for you to register and load your child’s account with funds after July 20, 2016.
- FOR THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF SCHOOL, we will follow last year’s procedure – your child may go to the cafeteria and purchase items by giving his/her name to the staff. From August 1-14 ONLY, the lunch count will be taken daily. By August 15th all families should have registered and put in enough money in their child’s card to cover the first two weeks of school and the rest of August.
- A friendly reminder – please be sure to send your child with a home lunch if you decline to order lunch.
- Meny selections are healthy, balanced and based on student feedback. Full meal salads will be prepackaged and offered twice a week for MS/HS and adults.
- All students and staff will be using their card for ALL TRANSACTIONS at the cafeteria as well as for the Middle School and High School snack shop (relocated to the cafeteria)
- In an effort to maximize our efficiency, cut our deficit and provide “student friendly” menu items, we are no longer participating in the Federal Free and Reduced lunch program.
CLICK HERE for an FAQ sheet. Please return that menu with your order by August 15th.
CLICK HERE for new lunch prices.
CLICK HERE for August lunch menu.
CLICK HERE for new snack bar details.
Thank you to the families who participated in our survey in May on food preferences!
If you have any questions, please contact the school offices:
MealTime Online is the gateway to your student’s school lunch account. You can make deposits into his/her MealTime Point of Sale account, or simply view the account activity. Click here to get started!
The Dunes at Maui Lani Golf Course
1333 Maui Lani Parkway, Kahului, HI 96732
Saturday, June 25, 2016
7:00 am Shotgun Start
Pay for your entry fee ($125 per player) by clicking here.
1. 2-Person scramble, minimum 6 drives per player (3 front, 3 back)
2. Men’s maximum handicap 24 and women’s 30.
3. 30% of team handicap will be used.
4. The committee has the right to adjust any player’s handicap.
5. USGA rules shall apply except when modified by local rules. Professional golfers and golfers under the age of 18 are not eligible for prizes.
6. ENTRY FEE includes: Golf, buffet luncheon & entry gifts.
7. Awards luncheon to follow at Sullivan Field (St. Anthony athletic field), approx. 11:30am
8. Closest to the pin prizes will be awarded on holes 3, 6, 8, & 17.
9. First person making the hole-in-one on #8 wins a new Toyota
10. First person making the hole-in-one on #17 wins $10,000
11. Individual players are welcome and will be paired with another player.
12. Mulligans will be sold at the golf course. 3/$20, maximum 3 per golfer)
13. One team member must be present to win prize drawing.
14. Low net score will determine the winner. Tie breakers will use gross scores from team’s 18th hole backwards.
It has been our privilege to be the education hub of thousands of Maui residents who are thriving today because of the education and experiences they received at St. Anthony. In the last 2-1/2 years, we have invested some $220,000 in technology upgrades, much of which has been funded by grants. In the upcoming school year, we will be offering a new Middle School program for students in grades 6 through 8. St. Anthony is also excited to launch a new Website this spring.
BECOME A TEE SPONSOR!
This summer we are once again sponsoring our annual Links to Education Golf Tournament. The event is scheduled for June 25, 2016, at the Dunes at Maui Lani Golf Course. Our goal is to repeat, if not exceed the $12,000 raised at our 2015 event. The money would be used to support our St. Anthony’s athletic program and help our student athletes get what they need to be strong and competitive in the 2016-2017 school year.
We ask you partner with us by making a tax-deductible donation to the tournament. We’re seeking Tee Sponsors and gifts for the more than 100 golfers expected to participate. (Donation form is provided.) The format will be a two-man scramble so gifts in pairs would be particularly welcome
Tee sponsors will receive tee signage, a team of two golfers and special recognition in tournament materials and at the Awards Luncheon. Every contributor will also be recognized by St. Anthony Junior-Senior High School and throughout the golf tourney.
Mahalo nui loa,
Robert “Robbie” Spenser Jr., SAS ’77
Mike Krueger, SAS ‘74
Links to Education Co-Chairs